Sunday 11 March 2018

ICE

The last wee while saw some rare ice forming up so I managed to get a couple of cool wee routes in. First up was taking my better half out for her first outdoor ice climb. We only had limited time and thankfully the waterfall 5 minutes from our village had frozen and we had a great jaunt up there.

I LOVE water ice :)

Kat cruising it

Happy days

Next up was a trip to Kentallen with my workmate Penny to get on a route Andy Spink had climbed the day before, 2 pitches of awesome ice looking out to the sea and mountains. 

First pitch

Heading up to the second pitch

Finally I had a less successful day on The Ben with Dave . We walked in from the lower car park as access to the upper car park is restricted at the moment. The routes looked promising but weren't so after Dave led a route and I experienced some fearsome hotaches we headed down. Good to be back on the Ben again with Dave though. 
Dave about to swim away up the route

Lovin the hotaches

No comments:

Post a Comment