Sunday 7 August 2011

Social Climbing

Last Saturday I teamed up with my mate Fran to do some Multi Pitch on Rannoch Wall for his MIA logbook.Also there was photographer Alan Fox. On the way up we passed a few parties on Curved Ridge and chatted to the Guides I knew. On arrival at the wall we got the guidebook out and had some lunch. After a blether with Gary Latter Fran decided on Grooved Arete, this was my second multi pitch route, climbed almost 10 years ago, I remembered the day clearly but not all of the route. There was quite a few folk at the base of the climb and as Fran set off I spoke with them, then Jenny and Karen arrived for Grooved Arete too, the day continued to be social all the way home, meeting various people we knew. I had planned on fulfilling an ambition to solo something on the wall but with there being so many people around I didn't feel comfortable doing that, Foxy had carried 100m of static up for nothing in the end!!

On Grooved Arete, Buachaille Etive Mor, Glencoe with Fran, Photo-Alan Fox

We were almost in Ireland this weekend but the weather beat us once again. Other than that I've just been training, managed a run the other day and absolutely loved every second of it the pain since has been bad but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment